1. Each $1,875 Fellowship covers the cost of Symposium registration as well as four nights' lodging at Meadowood Napa Valley. Travel and incidental costs are not included.
2. Publication sources for entries include books, newspapers, magazines, trade journals, websites and blogs.
3. All references to writer's name or publication are to be deleted on four of the five copies before submission.
4. Regarding a book entry, please send a copy of a single chapter.
5. Please submit a maximum of five pages per article submitted, including book chapter.
6. Postmark/express deadline for entries is November 1, 2013.
7. Five copies of each written work to be distributed to the judges are to be sent to:
The Symposium for Professional Wine Writers at Meadowood Napa Valley
c/o Jim Gordon
3318 Homestead Court
Napa, CA 94558
8. Judges' scores will be compiled and averaged, and the director will award fellowships based on the highest average scores.
9. Awardees will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail by December 5, 2013, and their names will be posted on the fellowship page at the symposium website.
10. Online Symposium registration is expected by all fellowship entrants, including providing credit card information to assure a room reservation and a spot at the symposium. However, no deposits are taken against cards at time of registration for the fellowship entrants. Those who are not awardees will be notified by e-mail. They are encouraged to attend the symposium as regular registrants; however, should they choose not to attend, their registrations must be cancelled by January 2, 2014, to avoid charges.
If you have questions on fellowship applications, kindly contact
Jim Gordon at email@example.com.