1. Each fellowship covers the cost of Symposium registration as well as up to four nights' lodging at Meadowood Napa Valley. Travel and incidental costs are not included.
2. Applicants must submit the following:
* Cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate for a fellowship, including the frequency of your published works, the circulation of the publications or copies sold of your books, the monthly page visits of the digital media/blogs for which you write, and the geographic and demographic reach of the publications or books.
* Two references (for example, editors, publishers, or professional colleagues) who can affirm your active work as an editorial content writer, verify that your work was paid for, and attest to the influence your writing may have.
* A list of relevant published work from the past 12 months, including information about the reach of the publications in which the work appeared.
* Two published writing samples, which will be judged for quality and originality, as noted above. The articles must have been published in the 12 months prior to your application. In case of a book, it must have been published within the last 24 months.
NOTE: writing samples must be submitted in .doc form, with the author's name and the publication source on the front page only.
3. Regarding a book entry, please send a copy of a single chapter, at most.
4. Please submit a maximum of 3,000 words per article submitted, including book chapter.
5. Completed applications must be received by October 1, 2019.
6. Judges' scores will be compiled and averaged, and the director will award fellowships based on the highest average scores.
7. All applicants will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail by early December 2019. The names of awardees will be posted on the Resources page of the Symposium website.
If you have questions on fellowship applications, kindly contact
Julia Allenby at email@example.com.